Click to zoom
The Carry-On Closet 2.0
Meet the award-winning Carry-On Closet suitcase. Engineered with our patented built-in shelving system, USB charging port, and an indestructible polycarbonate shell, the Carry-On Closet will keep you organized anywhere your travel takes you.
This item is currently out of stock. Leave your email address here to be notified when it's back!
- Free US Shipping
- 10 Year Warranty
- Easy Checkout
Unpack In Seconds
Our unique patented closet has six shelves, a compression strap to maximize storage, and is cleverly weighted to stay balanced when you're using it.
Your Closet, Your Terms
Every trip is different, so we designed the closet to be easily removable. If you need to pack a little extra, plan to go shopping on your trip, or want to hang it from your hotel clothing rack, simply remove it.
Why We Made It
After three years of living on the road, our Founder Adrian Solgaard, realized that keeping a tidy hotel or hostel room was impossible.
So he designed the perfect suitcase that he wished that he had during his more nomadic days.
The Solgaard Carry-On Closet has a patented, built-in six shelf closet system to keep you organized anywhere. The built in closet also acts as a compression cube to help you save space.
The design and utility of the Carry-On Closet was recognized by TIME Magazine as the Travel Invention of the year in 2018.
• Patented Six-Shelf Shelving System To Keep You Organized
• Easily Accessible USB Charging Port For On-The-Go Power
• Frictionless Wheels That Barely Make a Sound
• TSA Approved Three-Digit Lock
• Unbreakable Polycarbonate Shell And Aluminum Frame
• Padded Handle For Maximum Comfort
• Pulls 5 Lbs of Ocean Plastic
Opens in a Pinch
Just pinch the lock release, and you’re done. No zipper necessary.
Bends But Never Breaks
The polycarbonate shell is paired with a lightweight aluminum frame, making it virtually indestructible. It’s also waterproof, scratch resistant, is equipped with a TSA-approved lock, and is backed by a 10-year guarantee.
The Strong & Silent Type
Our frictionless wheels make maneuvering through a busy airport a breeze. Built with top-class hardware, they’re game for any terrain, and will help you swerve around that guy who decided to stop in the middle of the terminal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Shelving System How to operate
To operate the shelving system, pack with the shelf fully extended at home.
1) Open the suitcase door 90 degrees.
2) Lift the shelf up and hang from the suitcase handle. This can be done two ways; hanging from the back pocket on the shelf, or hanging from the clip on strap.
3) Pack each shelf to 60-70% full.
4) To close, lower the shelf into the suitcase, compress into place, and close the suitcase.
When you arrive at your destination, simply repeat these steps.
Features Full details of features
• Removable, self-supporting shelving system
• Easy access USB port for charging on-the-go
• Eight 360 degree wheels
• TSA approved three digit lock
• Unbreakable polycarbonate shell
• One-pinch opening mechanism
• Padded grip handle for comfort
• Raised stripes for easy overhead bin storing
• 100% recycled interior material, made from recycled plastic bottles.
• Approved international carry-on size
• Each suitcase sold pulls 5lbs of plastic from the ocean
Dimensions + Weight Measurements of suitcase and shelving unit
Carry-On Closet (international size)
-20" High, 13.5" Wide, 9" Deep. 7.5lbs (+ 3/4lb shelf) 8.3lbs total
-50.8cm High, 34.3cm Wide, 23cm Deep. 3.3kg (+ 0.4kg for shelf) 3.7kg total
Carry-On Closet Plus (Larger, US Domestic size)
-22.4" High, 14.6" Wide, 9.6" Deep. 8.1lbs (+ 3/4lb shelf) 9lbs total
-57cm High, 37cm Wide, 24cm Deep. 3.7kg (+0.4kg for shelf) 4.1kg total
*Height includes wheels
Shelving System (extended)
-29.5" H, 10" W, 6.5" L
-74.9cm H, 25.4cm W, 16.5cm L
Still need help? Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Luggage like no other
Don't take our word for it though...